Summer is finally here. Wait, let me say that one more time because that just felt too good. Summer is finally here. After a long, long winter in the northeast coast, I now dare say we’re pretty much out of the woods.
Right now there’s a lot of wheels in motion and I’m excited for what’s coming up next for me. I don’t want to say I’ve been slacking with posts (since I am trying not to be too hard on myself) but I do want to get back to the swing of things. Again, there’s a lot going on, so bear with me.
Below are some things that have been on my mind recently. I can’t always follow my own advice properly, but maybe this can help someone else out.
- Everyone has a struggle – Whether they share it or not, everyone has something they’re fighting for or against. You may not be aware of it, but it’s so important to keep that in mind when you are meeting new people or even catching up with old friends and colleagues. Be mindful, but don’t worry too much on being a mind reader, people will share what they want to share and you need to be ok with that.
- Don’t be so quick to judge – I catch myself judging people way too often, I hate it. I’ll think things like “they are not doing anything with their lives” or “what are they thinking, that’s ridiculous” and honestly, I want to reduce those thoughts to the bare minimum. Come on, you know you have to indulge in at least some gossip to keep things fun. Still, at the end of the day, you will never know someone’s whole story so be kind when need be.
- You are your best advocate – Seriously, nobody is actually capable of fighting for you as much as YOU. Support is always great and hopefully something you have in your life, but at the end of the day, you are the only one that knows what you truly want. It’s a decision you need to make for yourself, nobody should tell you: “this is what YOU want”.
- Be grateful – So simple, right? Yet this little one always seems to slip by. You may think your life is a mess and that it’s all in shambles, but I am hoping you have at least one thing to be grateful for (just think about cheese if you’re running out of ideas).
- Don’t make excuses for fear – At times, we will walk away from things we want simply because of excuses we make ourselves. Why do we do that? Excuses are usually rooted on some sort of fear (says me, humble non-expert). It’s ok to feel fear when you’re working towards something big, it’s normal, no need to make excuses for it. Beware, don’t let fear make you want to create more excuses, those excuses will later turn into reasons to walk away from what you want.
Life is fun, it can be a mess at times (just see my room right now for quick reminder) but it’s always good at the end. Take a moment to think about what’s brewing on your life and keep the wheels turning.
Oh and please, PLEASE enjoy summer! * Insert peace sign emoji here *
– Photo and edits by Cristina Nogueras © –