Thank you Time Tech for bringing light into my life with your recent article, painting a nice picture of the time I’ve spent on Facebook.
In my defense, it’s 57 days since 2006 and I bet most of those hours can be allocated to college finals and procrastinating at the Syracuse University library. Not that it makes it any better, that’s still an average of one week a year, for the last eight years. I’m not gonna lie, that number made me want to jump from my seat and set sail in a new adventure to the unknown (or Central Park).
Here are 10 things I could have done instead of spending 57 days of my life on Facebook:
- Learn German, just because
- Take wine appreciation classes so I actually know what I’m ordering from the wine list
- Read that New York Times best selling book that everyone has been talking about and is not a YA novel
- Learn to make that delicious recipe that I saw on Pinterest when I decided to take a break from Facebook
- Train a baby dragon
- Bike from New York to Los Angeles (according to Google maps it takes 260 hours)
- Read the whole Game of Thrones book series
- Plant a tree. Actually, plant a bunch of trees
- Take a photography class instead of staring at pictures for hours
- Volunteer at an animal shelter (without stealing any puppies)
Image credit – http://louisetaylordrawings.blogspot.com/2010/04/losing-time.html